- Kindness Matters - 15 Books that inspire children to be kind
- Top 9 Reasons why practicing Mindfulness is good for your child!
- Kids! Lets Pause for perspective.Expert advice on mindfulness for kids by Mindfulness Teacher Aarathi Selvan
- Be Kind and Spread Kindness - Your Turn Now!
- The Extracurricular Variety - Add the spice in your child's routine!
Sensory tray is one of the most powerful tool I use as a parent to keep my son busy which engages his senses and leads to a great open-ended play. Playing and learning through our senses helps our brains develop and make strong neural connections.
I created a flora themed sensory tray for my son to explore. It was fairly easy to do.
Read on to see how simple it is to create a sensory play experience.
All you need is:
– Flowers (natural and artificial)
– Leaves (natural and artificial)
This activity is very flexible in which items you use.
I gathered as many flowers, petals, and leaves that I could come up with, and set it in a tray. Done. Super simple tray for the win!
After an hour all we had was a marvelous mess at the sensory table!
1. Play based learning
3. Imaginative play
4. Development of 5 important senses
5. Fine motor skills, squeezing, plucking