I focus on crafting projects for my son which let him explore all sorts of textures and allow him to actively use his senses as he explores the world.
As a crafter I have a storage of various types of papers at home. And I find it to be one of the best sources to put his ‘touch’ sense to work. Touching and sensing different types of material helps a child learn about the environment as a whole!
This is a Christmas themed activity.
Ideal for Ages: 2 years +
All you need is:
– A cardstock paper 12 x 10 (or your desirable size)
– Triangles cut out from various papers of green shade such as
– Rectangles cut from a brown cardstock paper
– Glue (child friendly)
Let your child paste the green triangles on the card stock paper as trees and brown rectangles as the bark.
1. Sensory skills development
2. Hand and eye coordination
3. Fine motor development (arranging, sticking)
4. Shapes (Math)
5. Counting (Math)
For more Christmas themed activities, go here: