OM is the universal mantra!
All sounds emerge from and dissolve into OM. Chanting this during meditation is very powerful and beneficial for children as it has a very profound impact on the child’s brain development as follows:
- Concentration levels improve in children leading to a better focus towards their goals especially during exams.
- Higher performance levels in studies as the nervous system is activated with the powerful vibrations of this mantra.
- Works on the emotional level; controls anger, develops patience, compassion and tolerance levels are also increased.
- Hones the creative side of a child thereby enabling cognitive brain development.
- Inculcates the habit of mindful learning and mindful living at a very early age which is a sign of good health and a positive lifestyle in the long run.
There are innumerable benefits of devoting only 5 mins of your early morning time with kids to chant this UNIVERSAL mantra!
Do share your experiences of practicing yoga and meditation with your kids in the comments below.