- The Heat is On - Top 10 Summer Foods to include in your diet!
- A Message, Gently Delivered - 4 Books that make you think
- Core values and Conscious Parenting! A blog by Niharika Dudhal
- Top 9 Reasons why practicing Mindfulness is good for your child!
- Kindness Matters - 15 Books that inspire children to be kind
Having fun isn’t hard
when you have a library card!
Want to inspire a love of reading in your children? Visit a library and unlock a world that your children will never want to leave. While every library has a varied collection of books, some go above and beyond to create a truly magical experience for kids and grown-ups. We’ve rounded up some of the best libraries in Bangalore. We are sure you’re going to want to check them all out!
12 Incredible Libraries for Children in Bangalore
Hippocampus is considered as one of the best libraries for children in Bangalore. Has an awesome collection of over 15000 books. They also conduct activities and workshops for children regularly.
Location: Kasturba Road
The British Council Library needs no introduction. They have a good collection of children’s books tagged according to the appropriate reading age from 0-3 to tweens and teens. There are many membership levels to suit your needs which set how many books/DVDs you can borrow at a time and how many times you can renew them. British Council also organizes events like book readings, art competitions, and workshops for budding authors throughout the year.
Hangout is a community space, library, and activity center. They have a collection of over 10000 books for children, young adults, and adults. They also have an online library and deliver the books home.
Location: HSR Layout
DISCOVER KIDS is a children’s library where both children and parents can spend quality time together. It is an ideal place to read, play, explore, experiment, and at the same time socialize too. What makes it unique is that, in addition to books, the library has puzzles, educational toys, videos, and a well-designed play area. This makes it an ideal place to read, play, explore, experiment and socialize too. The library is wi-fi enabled. The complete catalog is online and members can browse and make online reservations too.
ThinkBox has a huge collection of books, toys, and CDs for all age groups. There are over 7500+ children’s books spanning various genres and age groups. They provide a platform for children to express their creativity through art and craft workshops and fun workshops such as storytelling, book club, drama club, etc.
Locations: Whitefield, Electronic City, Sarjapur, Silver County Road
Unnati library provides a huge variety of books, fun and learning games, toys and educational resources on rental for kids of all ages. They also conduct activities and workshops.
Rainbow Club Kidz Library is an exclusive library and activity center for children and has more than 6000 books, CDs, puzzles and games. They also conduct drawing, painting, and shloka classes, apart from classes in Carnatic music.
Location: HAL Old Airport Road
Our Story Shelf is a library and a reading room for kids from ages 1 yr to 8yrs. They offer various membership plans and conduct activities and workshops for children.
Location: AECS Layout
A great children’s library and learning concept center that is perfect to let your kids unravel the marvellous mystery of books and fun activities.
Location: Multiple Locations across Bangalore
Just Books CLC is a new generation community library chain that provides a unique reading experience to book lovers with a wide range of books for every type of reader. Whether a toddler or teen, dabbler or bookworm, they offer a modern, vibrant ambiance for borrowing books leveraging technology.
Mymitra Children’s Library has the best collection of books for young readers and adults. They also have a toy library. In addition to this they host a wide range of workshops for children of all ages.
Shankara Rotary Children’s Library provides access to books for children. They also conduct workshops and activities.
You can also check out these public libraries for reference and reading. Note that some of these are reference libraries and you may not be able to borrow books!
- Indian Institute of World Culture, Basavanagudi has a great library that you should visit.
- One of the biggest landmarks in the city, the State Central Library, with its striking brick red walls and its collection of over 3 lakh books, is worth checking out.
- At the Indira Priyadarshini Public Library, Cubbon Park, children can browse through educational material, encyclopedias, fiction and non-fiction books for free.
- City Central Library – There are quite a few of these public libraries throughout the city (Jayanagar, Malleshwaram, Indiranagar etc.) The one at Jayanagar is the most well-known for its good collection of books.
- Mythic Society also has a library that is a treasure trove of books — old and new.
Transport your child to the world of stories and inculcate the reading habit by signing up for a library membership!
Do you know any libraries that we can include? Let us know!