- The Heat is On - Top 10 Summer Foods to include in your diet!
- A Message, Gently Delivered - 4 Books that make you think
- Core values and Conscious Parenting! A blog by Niharika Dudhal
- Top 9 Reasons why practicing Mindfulness is good for your child!
- Kindness Matters - 15 Books that inspire children to be kind
Valentine’s Day is round the corner and it’s time to get busy with our kids doing some amazing craft activities for this special day of love and friendship.
Chocolate and candies are something you can’t avoid, but this time, skip the boring box of candy and go for these cute little goodie bags where you can replace candies with the gift of your choice. This idea for goodies is simply great for a treat bag or as small stand-alone gifts. And if you are not into Valentine’s Day, you could use this as a cute return favor bag for the next birthday party!
You will need
- Foam sheets – 2 colors
- Glazed paper or transparent gift wrapping paper
- Glitter tape
- Satin ribbon
- Ice cream sticks
- Candies or chocolates or whatever filling you want for the goodie bag
Let’s get started!
- Cut the foam sheet in heart shape of two sizes (Or any other shape you like, in two sizes – one big and one a little small).
2. Cut the glazed paper in a 5” x 5″ square. Cover the icecream stick with the glitter tape or paint it in your favorite color.
3. Stick the two hearts (or your favorite shapes) one above the other and decorate them with some sequins or other decorations.Paste them on the stick with glue.
4. Fill the square glaze paper with the candies, gather up all the corners and tie it with satin ribbon by keeping the ice cream stick in the middle .
5. You can also with the name of your friend on the heart.
6. Use the coloured glaze paper if you want to keep your gift a “SURPRISE”.
7. You can make your treat bags in a variety of containers, including:
- Brown paper lunch bags decorated with stickers
- Shovel and pail
- Plastic bags (they are often sold this time of year with heart decorations)
- Cone-shaped treat bags. Decorated with ribbons and stickers
Let the fun begin! Share your Valentine’d Day DIY ideas with us, too!