- Kindness Matters - 15 Books that inspire children to be kind
- Top 9 Reasons why practicing Mindfulness is good for your child!
- Kids! Lets Pause for perspective.Expert advice on mindfulness for kids by Mindfulness Teacher Aarathi Selvan
- Be Kind and Spread Kindness - Your Turn Now!
- The Extracurricular Variety - Add the spice in your child's routine!
Story & Pictures : Indu Harikumar
Eklavya Publications (2013)
There’s something about picture books that takes your breath away. No matter what you might be doing – the moment your hands fall on a picture book, you just HAVE to read it. And more often than not, the story pulls you deep in the admiration of something told in such deceptively simple way. Indu Harikumar’s ‘Three Friends’ is one such book, and you must get your hands on it.
The three friends in the story are the colours red, blue and yellow. How these three long for more friends, and come together to create new colours is what the story is about. Nothing that you don’t know already, but think of it from a kid’s perspective. And you’ll see how much sense does it make to tell them about the primary and secondary colours this way. There’s not one superfluous word in the story, nor has it been over-simplified. But what really impresses you is the unique way in which the book is illustrated – the author has done it herself, creating the book on cloth with fabric paints and embroidery – marvellous! The applique, the designs and the stitches – it is all so mesmerising.
And at just Rs 55/-, the book is much, much better than a steal – go for it, pronto! The book is a wonderful starter for colors for ages 2 and above, and such a good pick for the friendship day celebration 🙂