- Explore your native tongues - Regional Language Books for Children
- 15 Children's Books that celebrate Diversity and Social Justice
- Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week With 20 Acts of Kindness Ideas
- Be Kind and Spread Kindness - Your Turn Now!
- Kindness Matters - 15 Books that inspire children to be kind
World Environment Day is on 5 June.
This day is used by the United Nations to stimulate worldwide awareness of environmental issues. On this day people from all over the world do something positive to help our planet. What could you do? Lots of little things can make a big difference.World Environment Day is all about working together to take action for the planet. Something as small as making sure people have a way to recycle in your school / community can make a difference. You could also try beautifying your neighborhood by planting gardens, learn about organic and local foods, or simply learning about the effects of different products we use everyday, on the earth.
What can we learn and why is it important to participate and celebrate this day?
We want the world to be safe, clean and beautiful for you as you grow up, and we want your children and their children to have a beautiful world to live in. For that to happen we have to work together to take care of our planet Earth. Here are themed activities to celebrate World Environment Day without much ado and just by taking care of your surrounding environment by yourself.
Remember, we only get one planet, so let’s keep it clean and beautiful for generations to come!
Celebrate Environment Day at your Home
2. Use the laptop or your phone to use mail and for important browsing not to just pass the time
3. Take food in plate as much as you eat to avoid creating leftovers
5. Put off tap while brushing your teeth and rubbing hands with soap to conserve water
6. Instead of a bucket use a thin-hole shower to use minimum water while bathing
7. Reuse at least one used item on that day and make it your habit
8. Instead of throwing away, feed the leftover food to birds and animals
9. Gift a sapling to your loved ones
10. Plant a sapling with a small sheet telling about this day in your garden/ balcony.
In your Community
2. If there is a garden in your area water its plants and clean the grass. Learn about Composting.
3.Distribute environmental awareness handbills among community members
4. Paste a poster at any eye-catching spot telling people about the significance of this day
6. Do an online survey to make people think about environmental pollution
7. Organize a competition on social media to raise awareness about clean environment
8. Do LIKE on others shares about this day to motivate many others to do more for environment
9. Read books that teach us about the environment
10. Use recycled products to make crafts that can be used by everyone in their daily lives.
How will you celebrate World Environment Day? Let us know in the comment section below!