- Make it - Mango Seed Bird
- Math can be fun - 9 Ways to Spice Up Math Learning
- Make with love - 21 YouTube Art and Craft Channels to look up for Creative Inspiration
- Make parenting even more easy with the KidEngage Parent Club!
- No more old school - Get Kids Ready for Successful Online Schooling At Home
Kids love beautiful idols of Lord Krishna, and they are often curious to learn about Janmashtami celebrations. Engaging children in preparations and celebrations can help you inculcate the festive and cultural values in them. You can also involve them in fun activities! You could tell them stories about the festival or better still, read books about Krishna. Here are some easy-to-do DIY and cooking activities to do with your children this Janmashtami.
Here is one fantastic and easy DIY for your little munchkins.
Krishna Janmashtami DIY Bal Gopal Cradle
- Thick cardboard
- Thin cardboard
- Ribbon or golden string
- Decorative patches of Kundan
- Glaze paper
- Glue, Scissors, Scale
- Cut 2 pieces of cardboard in a rectangle of 6×10cms.
Place both the pieces one above another and apply glue.
2)Cover the rectangle with a glaze paper and keep it aside.
3)Cut 3 pieces of the thin cardboard, two of 6×6cm and one of 24×3cm.
4)Roll all the pieces like a pipe, glue them and cover them with the colored paper.
5)Decorate all the pieces with the patches or Kundan.
6) Stick the smaller rolls on the rectangle and hang the whole thing on the bigger roll with the golden string.
Hang the cradle with another string tied on top.
Voila! Your cute cradle is ready for your Bal Gopal!
Do you have any more DIY Ideas for Janmashtami? Do let us know in the comments!